Friday, December 17, 2010

On my way to greater things.

(and much more difficult!)

^_^ So as promised I am posting the results of my graduation from KC. Sadly, I only got a 3.19 as my final GPA...which cuts me just short of qualifying for a certain scholarship I was hoping to get for UT Tyler. The process of moving and such during last semester kinda threw me off I guess. x__x''

But alas, there is some good news. ^^ I spoke with a adviser from UT last Tuesday and it turns out that all my credits from KC transferred but two electives! Yay! That is very, very good news. Even better news is that I found out I could substitute my biology classes for the chemistry classes listed under the BA of Computer Science degree. Originally I was going to go for the Computer Science degree but I changed my mind because it had chemistry listed as something I'd have to take. So then I switched to Computer Information Systems because it was less demanding...(but not nearly as good as the computer science degree). When I found that out I quickly went back to my original plans and switched to the Computer Science program and even decided to get two security certifications along the way! I'm so happy that everything worked out so well!! Praise God!! :D

So now I will be studying up on Java and reviewing C++ in the meantime while I wait for classes to start in January. <3 Oh what fun. xD I am going to be having dreams about codes.

Speaking of codes, I've also been messing with Ubuntu Linux. It was a interesting idea that I thought I would try since Windows runs so heavy on my poor little laptop. I'm still working out the bugs and all but I can't ignore the big difference in boot time verses Windows 7. 48 secs to boot completely in Ubuntu verses 3:50 min. <___<'' The only drawback is that there are many different things that do not work out of the box that I have already had to go get drivers for. (and install them via the terminal @_@) If I make any astounding progress I may make a post about it someday. Right now I am struggling with the big issue of my laptop overheating because it doesn't know when to kick on the fans... lol.

No comments:

Followers